COVID 19 UPDATE
We are all really excited to be welcoming you back on the 4th July, with a number of changes to how we operate and in line with Government guidelines.
Firstly, we would like to thank you for supporting our takeaway service over the last few months both locally and further afield. It has been good to keep busy during these difficult times and we’ve enjoyed staying in touch with many of you.
We recognise that the coming weeks are going to be a bit of a learning curve for us. We will be closely monitoring any changes to Government and industry guidelines and welcome your feedback at any stage. As well as doing our best to keep our customers safe our priority is also to keep our small team of staff safe, all of which will have their temperatures taken regularly.
IF YOU ARE DISPALYING ANY COVID-19 SYMPTONS, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT
- Entrance will be through the front door and exit will be via the side (restaurant) door.
- You will be welcomed by one of our friendly team so that booked tables will take priority.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival. There will be other hand sanitisers found at strategic points in the pub.
- Under current regulations and to assist NHS test and trace should there be an outbreak of COVID-19, you will be asked for your contact details. These will be kept for 21 days.
- You will be taken to your table.
- If you do not have a reservation, please queue – socially distanced. Only 2 people at the bar at one time.
- We will be taking bookings for the restaurant and adult terrace only. To enable us to stagger reservations, please ensure that you arrive on time.
- If you book a table on the terrace, we cannot guarantee a table inside if the weather is unkind.
- The garden tables will be on first come, first serve basis. Our garden is huge and the tables are extremely well spaced so please feel free to turn up with a picnic rug in case there are no tables available.
- Please ensure you maintain your distance from others – 2 metres or 1 metre plus. If there are children in your party, please supervise them at all times.
In the restaurant
- To ensure social distancing, not all tables will be in use.
- We will be using single use menus and wine lists will be sanitised after use.
- Tables will not be pre laid. Napkins, cutlery, crockery and glasses will be brought to you once you have ordered.
- Food and drinks orders will be taken at your table and delivered in the normal fashion.
- In order to protect you, our friendly team will be wearing face masks.
- In line with guidelines, salt and pepper will come in individual sachets. All other condiments will be served in small china ramekins and not reused.
- Should you require the toilet facilities, it will be strictly one person at a time.
- Baby changing facilities will not be in use and there will be paper towels only to dry your hands after washing with anti-bacterial soap. Toilet facilities will be regularly cleaned.
- The card machine will be cleaned after use though cash is still welcome.
In the gardens
- Please come to the bar to order your food and drinks (strictly 2 people at the bar at any one time).
- Full payment will be taken at this point.
- You may need to be patient at busy times as we have all got used to at the supermarket!
- There will be a table in the garden with menus, and cutlery. Please ask for condiments when you order your food.
- When you have finished with your menu, please dispose of in bin.
The bar area
- The saloon bar on the right will have limited availability to ensure social distancing.
- You are obviously most welcome to just come for a drink although standing around the bar area is currently not permitted. Please find somewhere to sit.
Please see our website for opening times, menus, takeaways, freezer meals and any updates. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Catherine, Ian and ‘Team Coach’